Pole Position Marketing

Keyword research is important to online marketing efforts. But even more important than that is the keywords you select for your SEO and PPC efforts. Of course, you cannot select what you have not researched, but finding keywords generally isn’t the problem. There are tons of keyword tools available that will help you do that. […]

Read More

A recent discussion on Sphinn got me thinking about the value of keyword rankings in the overall scheme of measuring SEO performance. Do rankings matter? If so, should ranking reports be a part of the success metrics SEO’s provide their clients? There are a lot of ways to measure the success of an SEO campaign […]

Read More

When people come to your site, it can be really hard to know why they are there.The truth is the average conversion rate on e-commerce sites is only around 2-3%…and that’s on sites that are specifically built to sell stuff.So, what happens to the other 97%?Why were they there?Did they find what they were looking for?If not, why not?Is the content they are looking for even on your site?If so, are they able to find it easily?

Read More

Google has this tool called Insights for Search.At first glance, it looks like a pretty simple, fairly unsophisticated tool that just tells you if search volume is going up or down for a particular keyword or group of keywords.Not many insights there, right?I mean, all you really have to do for search engine marketing is keyword research with one of the many tools available to you out there and you can easily line up the keywords that you want to go after by search intent and volume, right?

Read More

Oct
25

Editor’s Note: This is a guest post written by Michael Schwartz from Vertical Measures, an SEO Marketing Company in Phoenix, Arizona. One of the best parts about the Internet is that whenever you think of a tool that could improve your site it’s likely that tool has already been created by somebody else in the […]

Read More

Mar
13

I’m big on reputation management tracking. I have well over 50 Google alerts set up at any one time. I track my own name, company name, blog name, names of my employees, names of my competitors, company names of my competitors and even my articles. All via Google Alerts. So you know I had to […]

Read More

Feb
21

We’ve finally been able to work out (most of) the bugs from CodeMonitor. For our users out there I apologize profusely. I know the darn thing has been broken for a long time and we’ve been working hard at getting it all put back together after several server changes. But it looks like that has […]

Read More

Buying software is so 1999. I mean seriously, who wants to buck up and spend upwards of $500 on an office suite when you have bills to pay and lattes to drink. Plus, with everyone’s exciting New Year’s resolutions in full swing, saving money may be even more appealing. Enter the world of free web-based […]

Read More

In my last post, I linked to several helpful books and articles for anyone getting started or anyone interested in SEO Copywriting. I also included a few links to some blogs that I read regularly. Since last week’s post, those nine blogs have doubled (thank you to those who gave more suggestions). Like many of […]

Read More

Aug
29

Site Clinic The first session of the last day was site clinic, hosted by Shari Thurow and Matt Bailey. In this session, audience members’ web sites were reviewed from a usability and SEO standpoint. The site clinic brought about many good tips and ideas: Always have call to actions above the fold Keep higher ranking […]

Read More

Archive