It’s hard to keep up on the latest thought leadership, ideas, trends and news in the web marketing industry, which is why we bring you the Final Lap. Each member of Pole Position Marketing Pit Crew, and the office alter ego, Max Speed, bring you their winning article to help your business.
Topics include SEO, paid search, usability, link building, local search, content marketing, social media and other areas of marketing and business. Plus, you’ll find articles that have earned “honorable mentions” and are also worth a read. Enjoy and feel free to comment with your winning articles.
The Winner’s Circle
Stoney deGeyter, Lead SEO & CEO
- From Old School to New School: SEO in Transition, by Eric Enge
Where is SEO today? The tasks are the same, but how we implement them has changed considerably. SEO has grown up. It’s all about marketing now.
Mike Fleming, Analytics, PPC & Conversion Strategist
- When You Find Something That Works, Highlight It, by Rob Lenderman
For anyone created ads online, this is one principle about improving them that I can’t remember ever failing me.
Annalisa Hilliard, Local SEO & Link Building Strategist
- A hummingbird is not just for Christmas, it’s for life, by Eric Enge
What are the elements of Google’s Hummingbird and will it change the face of search? Some facets are being noticed and others will likely have a slow, steady release.
Deb Briggs, Content Marketing Strategist
- Terrifying Tales of Marketing Zombies Curating Content, by Buddy Scalera
You had me at The Walking Dead references, but Buddy’s post includes some great reminders about content curation and its place in your overall content marketing strategy.
- The Complete List of Google’s 200 Website Ranking Factors, by The Sherwood Group
- The Internet Marketing Conference Calendar: Presenting SMX, SES, Pubcon & All the Rest, by Kristi Kellogg
- SEO: You’re Now Being Graded on the Curve, by Kristine Schachinger
- How Do You Differentiate Yourself From Your Competitors?, by Julie Joyce
- Anatomy of a Perfect Landing Page, by Formstack
- Local Search Interview: 13 Questions for 6 Experts, by Vedran Tomic
- Where Digital Marketing Must Go in 2014, by Ian Lurie
- Are You Using Your B2B Marketing Personas Effectively?, by Jayson DeMers
- Engagement Ads: New Way for Getting Customers to Interact With Your Brand, by Jeff Baum
Share your winning articles in the comments below.