It’s hard to keep up on the latest thought leadership, ideas, trends and news in the web marketing industry, which is why we bring you the Final Lap. Each member of Pole Position Marketing Pit Crew, and the office alter ego, Max Speed, bring you their winning article to help your business.
Topics include SEO, paid search, usability, link building, local search, content marketing, social media and other areas of marketing and business. Plus, you’ll find articles that have earned “honorable mentions” and are also worth a read. Enjoy and feel free to comment with your winning articles.
The Winner’s Circle
Stoney deGeyter, Lead SEO & CEO
- Social Signals and SEO, by AJ Kohn – Just because social signals are not part of the search engine algorithms (that we can confirm) that doesn’t mean social media isn’t important. AJ talks about social correlation hitting on many of the same points I did in my presentation Can SEO Survive without Social Media?.
Mike Fleming, Marketing Campaign & PPC Strategist
- YouTube Marketing and Analytics: A Primer For Magnificent Success, by Avinash Kaushik – It’s the 2nd largest search engine in the world. Yet, most businesses use it sub-optimally. What should a brand do on YouTube? Avinash breaks it down into 3 simple steps. Reach. Build. Engage.
Annalisa Hilliard, Local SEO & Social Community Strategist
- SEO Measurement Mistakes, Part 4: Links, by Reid Bandremer – There’s a lot of clamor around the industry about links being dead. However, if the right approach is taken and goals set from proven metrics, link building is still beneficial. Reid discusses which metrics are often given too much weight and which ones are often overlooked.
Deb Briggs, Content Marketing Strategist
- What Medium Means for Content Marketing, by Mike Kaput – I love a certain big box retailer with a bullseye for a logo, and now I love it even more since a fresh grocery section was added—one-stop shopping! If only content could be the same way. If only you could cut through the clutter and easily find interesting things to read all in one place. Mike tells why Medium could be the answer and how your business could benefit from it.
Kathy Gray, Social Media Marketing Strategist
- 5 Little-known YouTube Features for Marketers, by Andrew Macarthy - Have you heard about Fan Finder yet? It’s a free service from YouTube that allows you to submit short videos, or “channel ads,” that it will show to people who would be likely to enjoy your content. Find out more about this free opportunity and four other great tips to help you step up your YouTube game in Andrew’s post.
- 3 Easy Steps to Reach Facebook Users with Video Ads Right Now, by Stephen Kapusta
- Getting Started with Twitter Ads, by Melissa Mackey
- 5 Reasons SEO & PPC Work Better When Used Together, by Natalie Barreda
- Is Too Much Choice Killing Your Conversion Rates?, by Stefanie Grieser
- Search Engine Optimization Companies: Break Google’s Rules to Get Top Rankings?, by Mark Jackson
- Content Curation Tools: The Ultimate List, by Curata
- Data Claiming: The Secret Sauce Behind Local SEO, by Steve Wiideman
Share your winning articles in the comments below.