You may have noticed we’re posting this a day earlier than usual. I understand that there are some coding updates that need to take place in the far corners of our website. The pit crew needs to get to work on these and sent me an emergency message (via a droid) that this post needed to be expedited. I’m just glad I wasn’t recruited to perform the updates. This is how I feel about getting my hands dirty in coding.
That’s why I stick to my free advice and “Maxisms.”
Here’s what the pit crew has been reading this week:
- Is Google Putting Less Emphasis on Links as Part of Their Algorithm? by Eric Ward
This is a great question, and one we get often. Chief link expert Eric Ward gives his answer. It’s a quick read, and one you don’t want to miss!
- Why Great Content Shouldn’t Just Live on Your Blog by Hannah Smith
This is a fantastic post! It’s easy to think that your blog should be the main storage unit for creative content. Hannah cites other pages (like product and FAQ pages) on your website deserving of quality writing and design. Do you have examples of websites who spread their great content around to other pages? Let us know in the comment section, we’d love to hear from you!
- Quality Web Site Audits Should Not and Can Not be Free by Stepforth
We agree. You can’t give a proper diagnosis on the fly! Ross tackles why.
- Why Don Draper Types Can’t Control Brand Content Anymore by Tom Fishburne
Oh, Nutella… Don’t you know that anyone telling the world how much they love you is GOOD for business?
- Google AdWords Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA): The Ultimate Guide by Lisa Raehsler
Remarketing has moved to a new place–the search results. This article will enlighten you on how you can reach prior visitors to your site again with your PPC ads, but with more control and personalization for how you can do it.
- The Next Phase [of Bing]
An interesting look at what Bing is doing to be a better search engine than Google. I like what I’m seeing!
- Study Shows No Clear Evidence That Google Plus Drives Ranking by Eric Enge
Another study to determine if G+ helps with rankings. Conclusions say no. So what social signals do help?
- Build a Better Buyer Persona: 5 Creative Data Sourcing by Adria Saracino
We all know how important determining buyer personas can be to your business. After all they can help you craft targeted content that leads to conversions on your site—and isn’t that your ultimate goal? But obtaining all that background information isn’t easy. In fact, it can be downright difficult. Adria gives you five unique online sources for gathering said information, including enlisting an army of customers to give you insight. We salute you!
- To Blog, or Not to Blog by Josh McCoy
That is the question. We agree that blogging can be beneficial to 98% of organizations. The other 2%, we salute you for being rock stars and dream about your marketing budgets.
- Three Awful Things That People Actually Think Are True about SEO by Daniel Threlfall
Have you heard these three myths before? We have.
If you liked this post, subscribe to the EMP Blog by RSS or email. Looking for more assistance on this topic? Contact our pit crew, or call 866-685-3374 and we'll help you velocitize your web marketing.