If you’re among the uninitiated with content marketing and feeling the pressure to ‘just do it,’ there are scores of excellent books, webinars, e-books and blog posts for your learning pleasure. But, if you don’t have time for that kind of full-blown affair, the Grande Guide to B2B Content Marketing – available for review on October 4 – is the perfect quickie. This 16-page treatise by Content Marketing Institute’s Joe Pulizzi and Eloqua’s Joe Chernov boils content marketing down to its most basic form, leaving the rest to your imagination.
With help from Ann Handley and CC Chapman, authors of Content Rules (the insightful book I’m currently reading), Pulizzi and Chernov look at the fundamentals and best practices of content marketing with a special emphasis on B2B, including sections on tactics and measurements. In it, you’ll get answers to questions like:
- What (the heck) is content marketing?
- Why should content marketing matter to my business?
- Definitions and examples of the most common forms of content.
- Best practices, as well as five great tongue-and-cheek reasons why you should NOT be a content marketer.
- How to measure its effectiveness, along with a helpful case study.
If you liked this post, subscribe to the EMP Blog by RSS or email. Looking for more assistance on this topic? Contact our pit crew, or call 866-685-3374 and we'll help you velocitize your web marketing.