I’ve been reading up on Yahoo’s release of SmartAds, and of all of them I find Yahoo SmartAss the most amusing, probably because I like the play on words.
Search Engine Land actually had a better in depth post, touting SmartAds as the Future of Graphical Advertising. To sum up all the fine print into more sizable bites, SmartAds will do the following:
- Create users groups based on demographic, geographic and behavioral profiles
- User groups will be organized into categories and subcategories
- Create Advertiser designed templates
- To include categories and subcategories as mentioned above
- Advertisers can target their ads using the templates
A searcher who has set their default location at Yahoo weather, will have ads specific to their location displayed through out the duration of their Yahoo visit. If they’ve searched for a specific term, ads specifcially related to that term will display even after they’ve left their search and moved on to Yahoo Games or Music. Pretty clever marketing.
On a side note, I found it interesting that smartads.info displays Google’s AdSense AdWords, not Yahoo Search Marketing.
Let the Pole Position Marketing team help you velocitize your web marketing, expand your online presence and grow your business through SEO, PPC, social media, as well as consulting, speaking and/or in-house training. Contact our pit crew at 866-685-3374.