Pole Position Marketing’s list of Firefox extensions we love and use regularly. These tools are essential for all of our website marketing campaigns. Feel free to email us any of the extensions you use. This list is updated periodically as we find new tools.
- SEO for Firefox:
Pulls a ton of marketing data right into the search results to help you analyze how competitive a marketplace is.
- SEOQuake: Obtain and investigate many important SEO parameters of the internet project under study on the fly, save them for future work, compare them with the results, obtained for other, competitive, projects
- RankQuest SEO Toolbar: Provides you quick access to more than 30 intuitive SEO tools.
- HTML Validator:
Shows you pages which are or are not validated and suggests corrections to clear up validation issues.
- Word Count:
Lets you count the number of words on any web page you are viewing.
- Show IP: Show the IP address of the current page in the status bar.
- Search Status:
View any page’s Google PageRank, Google Category, Alexa popularity ranking, Alexa incoming links, Alexa related links and backward links from Google, Yahoo! and MSN – all in one place.
- Copy Plain Text:
Gives you an option to copy text without the formatting. You can even set it to trim extra space in and around the copied text!
- X-Ray Viewer: Lets you view the HTML markup of any page without having to view the source code.
Provides easy and intuitive access to FTP servers.
- Snap Shots for Firefox: Turns ordinary links into inline videos, photo albums, summaries, member profiles, Wikipedia summaries, stock charts and much more.
- McAfree Site Advisor:
Provides a warning status of sites in Google and Yahoo search results. Also allows you to view the status of any site you’re on.
- Web Developer:
Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools. Excellent for viewing/editing CSS files, viewing source code, HTML Validation, and more.
- IE Tab: See how your web page displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox.
- Yellowpipe Lynx Viewer Tool:
See what what a page will look like when viewed with Lynx, a text-mode web browser.
- Download Embedded: Downloads all or selected embedded objects on a web page. Can be used for downloading movies, mp3s, flash, QuickTime, or other embedded files (although this does NOT work on video embedded in flash.
- PDF Download:
Allows to choose if you want to view a PDF file inside the browser (as PDF or HTML), if you want to view it outside Firefox with your default or custom PDF reader, or if you want to download it!
- Screen Grab:
Save the entire page as an image, just the visible portion, or the browser window.
Get a color reading from any point in your browser, quickly adjust this color and paste it into another program.
General all round cool tools
- Foxmarks Bookmarks Synchronizer: If you use Firefox on more than one computer, this allows you to synchronize all your bookmarks.
- Firefox Environment Backup Extension (FEBE): Backs up your extensions, themes, and (optionally) your bookmarks, preferences, passwords, cookies and just about everything else Firefox offers.
- Tab Mix Plus: Enhances Firefox plugins such as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows.
- Firefox Showcase: Manage your Firefox tabs and windows by showing them as thumbnails in a single window, tab or sidebar.
- AI RoboForm:
RoboForm is Top-rated Password Manager and Web Form Filler that completely automates password entering and form filling.
- InFormEnter: Adds a small, clickable icon next to every input field in a web form, from where you can select the item to be inserted – no typing required.
- Tabbrowser Extensions:
Add-on package for extending operations of tabbed browsing, for example tabs become reorderable by drag and drop.
- Read it Later: Lets you create a reading list from interesting links. Once it’s installed, you can right-click on any web site or link to save it to your reading list.