Quick access to some of the most important and useful tools on the Web for SEO and search engine marketing. Tools updated frequently so bookmark this page!
- Mix It Up Content Planner
A spreadsheet that allows you to sort and manipulate various content types and formats to find the perfect mix for your audience.
- SEO Browser:
See your website as the search engines see it.
- Lynx Viewer:
Snapshot of what the search engine sees when it spiders your pages.
- Spider Simulator:
Simulate how a search engine spider moves through your site.
- Spider Viewer: See what search engines see when they crawl your site.
- MonitorThis: This tool allows you to subscribe to 20 different search engine feeds at the same time.
- Site Explorer: See which pages are indexed and who links to them.
Tweak your search results to be more or less commercial… in real time.
- Detecting Online Commercial Intention: How commercial is your query or web page. Find out here.
- SiteMaps: Submit your pages to Google, free. Also provides reports on keywords which delivered traffic and other stats.
- W3C HTML Validator: Validate your HTML to professional and search engine preferred standards.
- W3C CSS Validator: Validate your CSS to professional and search engine preferred standards.
- robots.txt generator: Generate a usable robots.txt file for your site.
- Color Blender: Online tool for color palette design and matching, thousands of color blends created by the user.
- Colorblind Web Page Filter: This tools helps select colors that will be easiest for people who are colorblind to see.
Analytics and Statistic Tools
- Web Page Analyzer:
Analyzes your website, providing stats on keyword usage, and estimated download times.
- Alexa Traffic Rating: Provides a rating on how your popular your site is compared to the rest of the web.
- Robots.txt Generator: Generates a Robots.txt file for your site.
- Webpages as Graphs: Visually see how your website links work.
- TouchGraph Google Browser: A free java application that shows connections between related websites.
- Domain Age Tool: Use this tool to see the approximate age of a website and what it looked like when it first started.
- Robot.txt Builder: Generate a free robot.txt file for your site.
- DomainTools: A good site overall with plenty of tools to help a webmaster.
- HTACCESS File Generator: Free generator that will make a .htaccess file for you website.
- Create a .htaccess file: Another free .htaccess generator.
- Copyscape: Allows you to see if your web content is being utilized anywhere else on the internet. Great tool to see if your copywritten material has been stolen.
- Juicy Studio Readability Test: Checks the readability of the content on your site.
- Textalyser: Gives detailed statistics of your text.
- Text Content Analysis Tool: gives you statistics about a text including unique words; lexical density; and the Gunning Fog readability index
Keyword Research Tools
- Keyword Density Analyzer: Checks the density of selected keywords or keyword phrases.
- SEO – Term Target: Gives you a grade based on how well your keywords are used on a page.
- SpyFu: Download your competitors keywords and AdWords
- Search Based keyword tool: Google’s search-based keyword tool that provides keyword ideas.
- WeBuild Web Pages Tools
- Online Broken Link Checker: Checks your site for broken or invalid links. No software to download, works live online.
- Link Popularity Analysis Tool: This tool allows you to analyze a page’s link popularity.
- SEOMoz Trifecta: Measure the number of sites that link to you and number of times your brand is mention on the web.
- Visual PageRank: Allows you to view all the links alone with PageRanks on a certain page.
- Site Link Analyzer:A tool that returns a table of data containing outbound links and related anchor text.
SEO/M Research Tools
- Customer Focus Calculator:
Analyzes text on your pages to determine if your text is customer focused.
- WordTracker: Research actively searched-for phrases within your industry.
- WordTracker vs. Overture:
View keyword search volume comparisons between WordTracker and Overture.
- Niche BOT: Keyword research tool that helps you find the terms that produce the highest amount of traffic. Lets you drill down to dig deep and find niche phrases as well.
- Metrics Market: How much traffic are you getting compared to your competitors?
Yahoo Research Tools
Allows you to retrieve Overture search volume for up to 50 keywords at one time.
MSN Research Tools
- Search Funnels:
See what people search for before and after your keyword.
- Demographics Prediction:
Get demographics of your target customer.
- AdWords Keyword Tool:
Generate potential keywords for your SEO/M campaign,provided.
- AdWords Traffic Estimator:
Estimates Google search and click-thru traffic for any keyword.
- Ontology Finder:
Type in a word and find other words treated as similar words by Google.
Start typing a search and let Google complete the phrase for you.
Lets you see and compare search trends for seasonal (or any, really) search phrase.