It’s hard to keep up on the latest thought leadership, ideas, trends and news in the web marketing industry, which is why we bring you the Final Lap. Each member of Pole Position Marketing Pit Crew, and the office alter ego, Max Speed, bring you their winning article to help your business.
Topics include SEO, paid search, usability, link building, local search, content marketing, social media and other areas of marketing and business. Plus, you’ll find articles that have earned “honorable mentions” and are also worth a read. Enjoy and feel free to comment with your winning articles.
The Winner’s Circle
Stoney deGeyter, Lead SEO & CEO
- What Everybody Missed About Hummingbird: Social Signals by Eric Enge
For an algorithm that didn’t show an immediate ranking impact, Hummingbird is poised to handle some pretty significant changes as time passes.
Mike Fleming, Analytics, PPC & Conversion Strategist
- You’re Really Awful at PPC If… by Jeff Allen
Jeff enlightens us with some characteristics of people that have a good chance of being awful at PPC. Check and see if you might be one of them!
Annalisa Hilliard, Local SEO & Link Building Strategist
- Welcome to Dinovember – Thoughts on Creativity by Refe Tuma
Web Marketing is not best accomplished through a set of processes, it requires creativity. This post isn’t about marketing, but rather, it’s about how to break-out of our norms and find ways to engage our imagination.
Deb Briggs, Content Marketing Strategist
- Affinity Data: Measuring Marketing Effectiveness Without Keywords by Elise Gould
Despite all the changes dealing with keywords, people are still going to use them to search for the things they want or need. But Elise brings up a good point about using affinity data to measure marketing effectiveness.
Kathy Gray, Social Media Marketing Strategist
- 3 Musts for Choosing and Using the Right Hashtag by Mark Cooper
It’s a question I hear often, “How do I choose a hashtag for my event/business/organization?” We even spent quite a bit of time in a recent team meeting hashing out a hashtag for an upcoming event. Mark shares some great tips on how to choose the right hashtag for your next event or marketing campaign.
Max Speed, Pole Position Marketing’s Alter Ego
- Artist Adds ‘Star Wars’ Themes to Famous Thomas Kinkade Paintings by Justin Page
Thomas Kinkade paintings have never really been my style. Thanks to Jeff Bennett’s Wars on Kinkade series that integrates Star Wars themes into some of Kinkade’s famous paintings, I could become a fan.
- Five Stupidly Simple Ways to Improve Your Writing by Daphne Gray-Grant
- Why Obsessing Over One Keyword Could Sink Your Whole Site by Ken Lyons
Share your winning articles in the comments below.