Over the summer we did some remodeling around the PPM offices. We’ve got a new office on the second floor and our conference room is now ready for the small-group online marketing workshops we’ll begin hosting next month. They haven’t asked ME to lead a workshop yet. I don’t understand why.
Kevin had been hoping during the remodel we would get new luxurious leather office chairs. I was hoping for the Emperor 1510 LX. It’s only $21,500. I can’t imagine why Stoney wouldn’t approve that!
While I’ve been dreaming of the Emperor 1520 LX, here’s what the rest of the pit crew has been reading.
- Interview with Brian Dean An SEO Expert via Brandignity
Brian Dean has been making a name for himself in the industry, not only with his knowledge of SEO, but his insight on link building as well. Check out his blog at Backlinko.com and learn first hand. We always enjoy interviews with experts in the field because we learn things like, before SEO, Brian was a dietician. But, you’ll have to read the interview for yourself to find out his link building predictions over the next 2-3 years.
- Optimizing Your Local Presence for Mobile Search by Bridget Randolph
Local search has been getting a lot of attention recently. Some of that has to do with the changes in local listings and how those and other factors directly effect search. We came across this interesting post that explains how to optimize your local presence for mobile. This is an important read because the percentage of mobile searches are steadily increasing. Check this out to learn why local search for mobile is more important than non-mobile search.
- Use AdWords Scripts to Streamline Your PPC Optimization Efforts by Justin Freid
AdWords Scripts is a fairly new feature for PPC account managers that allows you to save some time on management tasks. In this article, you can find out some easy ways you can utilize them.
- Facebook tweaks News Feed algorithm to give more weight to relevance, user connections by Justin Lafferty
The biggest news in social media this week was Facebook’s press conference on the News Feed algorithm. Justin summarizes the changes and what they mean.
- Suing Your SEO: Can An Agency Be Held Liable For Poor Results? by Conrad Saam
“Marketing is a Crapshoot”. Well said!
- Is Google Authorship Affecting Rankings Today? by Janet Driscoll Miller
Google authorship is increasingly becoming a ranking factor. Perhaps more than some suspect.
- See-Think-Do: A Content, Marketing, Measurement Business Framework via Avinash Kaushik
In this article, you’ll learn about a digital marketing framework that hits all levels of a web users consideration stage – or the buying funnel. You’ll likely gain a new perspective that will help simplify the complexity of the web.
- The 2013 Local Search Ranking Factors via Moz
Lots of good information on what the experts think are the factors that help with local SEO.
- How to Setup Google Authorship: The Unofficial Manual via StepForth
I haven’t read the full book yet, but wanted to share the link!
- How to Drive Website Leads for Your Clients by Patrick Shea
A great reminder of what we are doing and how we should do it.
If you liked this post, subscribe to the EMP Blog by RSS or email. Looking for more assistance on this topic? Contact our pit crew, or call 866-685-3374 and we'll help you velocitize your web marketing.