This post marks my first of many on the E-Marketing Performance blog. Although I have many years experience as a writer, I have
little to no experience in marketing writing let alone SEO writing.
In order to get me more acclimated to writing for SEO and to marketing writing in general, my wonderful new boss provided me with the following recommended reading list (in order of priority):
- Nitty-gritty of Writing for the Search Engines
- How to Increase Keywords Saturation: Without Destroying the Flow of Your Copy
- Step by Step Copywriting Course
- Net Words: Creating High-Impact Online Copy
- Persuasive Online Copywriting: How to Take Your Words to the Bank
- Call to Action: Secret Formulas to Improve Online Results
- Waiting for Your Cat to Bark
In addition to the aforementioned readings, I took it upon myself to get acquainted with fellow bloggers who focus on writing copy for the SEO and marketing worlds. So far, I found the following blogs (in alphabetical order):
- American Copywriter – “A blog about a podcast about advertising and other stuff people think about too much”
- Copyblogger – “Why Copywriting is the Key to Successful Online Marketing”
- The Copywriting Maven – “Direct response marketing & SEO copywriting tips, techniques and reviews of incredibly useful resources for professional and aspiring marketing copywriters”
- Cre8ive Flow – “Deep Linking from the Desk of Bluebert G. Peabody”
- The Creativity Factory: marketing copywriting – “Online marketing with SEO and SEM, advertising and branding”
- [Link no longer available]Marketing Writing – How to Write Copy that Sells – “This blog has quick, digestible tips and pointers that help you write better, persuade more people to buy your stuff, and close business.”
- MyMarketer – “The Adventure of Internet Marketing”
- Questioning SEO Web Content Writing Doubts – “SEO Web Content writing and blogging Tips. Get free header images for your blog.”
- Web Ink Now – “Online thought leadership and viral marketing strategies using news releases, blogs, podcasts, and online media.”
Now, some of the blogs listed aren’t specifically about SEO or marketing copywriting; rather, they are about writing or words in general. And as a writer, I just like words.
If you can think of any other books, articles, or blogs that may help me adapt to this new foreign environment, please do let me know. I’m ready to go from no to know.
Let the Pole Position Marketing team help you velocitize your web marketing, expand your online presence and grow your business through SEO, PPC, social media, as well as consulting, speaking and/or in-house training. Contact our pit crew at 866-685-3374.