Well, 2016 is officially over. It was quite a crazy year, to say the least, and I’m sure more than a few of you are saying “Good riddance.” So I hope you won’t mind if I take a little look back at the year that was.
Don’t worry, I’m not touching the election, the rash of huge celebrity deaths, or any of the other unpleasant subjects of the year. Rather, I want to take a quick look at my most popular, shared blog posts and hope they give you some inspiration and actionable tips for the New Year.
Most Popular Posts of 2016
- 13 Uses for Keyword Research to Help You Win in the Search Engines. Saying that keyword research is dead is as cliche as saying content is king. OK, maybe not quite as bad, but close. This article, with its accompanying infographic, showed that not only is keyword research alive and kicking but that there are way more uses for it than you probably thought.
- Jump-Start Your SEO With These 6 Surefire Tactics. This addresses the common question: “Where do I start with SEO?” Like so many things in digital marketing (and life), there’s no blanket answer to this question. This article helps you find the right answer for YOU.
- 11 Proven Digital Marketing Strategies You’re (Still) Not Using. When you hang out in an industry as long as I have (18 years and counting), you start to assume everyone knows the best practices and tactics. But I have learned that’s not true of digital marketing. There are still a number of long-standing proven practices that are still being overlooked by companies. Is yours one of them? Only one way to find out — read this article!
- How to Amplify Your Already Spectacular SEO to be Super-Crazy Successful. SEO is no longer a stand alone solution…if it ever was. You need other disciplines and tactics to “amplify” your SEO and get the most out of it. Learn what they are in this article.
- Making SEO and User Experience Work Together. User experience has become a buzz phrase, but that doesn’t mean it’s a fly-by-night concept. Rather, it’s an essential part of SEO and digital marketing that should be your main focus in 2017 and beyond.
- The Crazy-Effective 12-Month Digital Marketing Campaign Schedule. I really “open the kimono” on this one (fortunately not literally. You’re welcome), spelling out exactly how we run our clients’ digital marketing campaigns. If you take nothing else from the article, I hope it’s this: You need to commit to a full year of digital marketing. Too many businesses give up too quickly, not giving their digital marketing enough time. Whether you do it yourself or use an agency, do yourself a favor and give it at least a full year.
- Make Your Web Page an Awesome Landing Page. Why treat optimized pages differently from landing pages? Don’t you want your optimized pages to convert? And don’t you want your landing pages to rank in the search engines? If so, get some helpful tips from this article.
- 3 Competitive Factors That Influence (or Hinder) Your Online Success. We would all like to think that if we keep our noses to the grindstone and do the best work we can, we don’t need to worry about competitors. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. Learn the competitve factors you need to know to stay ahead of the game.
- Search Engine Friendly Sites vs. Search Engine Optimized Sites. Do you know the difference between a search friendly and a search optimized site? If not, you’ll want to read this where I break it all down for you.
- 6 SEO Pricing Factors Where Your Ignorance can be Deadly. Getting a digital marketing package you are happy with and that actually helps you grow your business depends on your ability to understand, evaluate, and compare proposals. I tell you what you need to know here.
Hope these articles give you some tips and ideas to start 2017 off right. Thanks for helping make these and our blog as a whole successful!