I’m a generally pretty reasonable guy. I can usually adapt and amend myself for the better good of the world. But lately, I’ve become quite nasty towards our little friend, Internet Explorer. The delinquent browser lacks any integrity and forces me to spend countless hours trying to adapt my coding to fix. Did I mention I hate Internet Explorer?
Reasons SEO’s Hate Internet Explorer:
- It is not a standard-compliant browser. Microsoft has set its own ‘standard’ with IE.
- CSS rendering- it doesn’t happen. IE needs very specific (non-valid) commands within your CSS to render properly.
- No addons are available. With Firefox, users have a huge amount of customization with Firefox extensions.
- It’s a Microsoft product. Ok, I’m not completely against all MS products, but seriously: who uses IE?
- It doesn’t like certain types of code and will crash. Don’t believe me? Check out this post on SEO 2.0.
Whew. I actually feel a bit better now that that’s off my mind. So in any event, if you plan on succeeding in the world of SEO, use Firefox. Period. But don’t forget to check what your site looks like in IE because chances are it looks completely different than what it should.