We’ve had great guest authors in the past, if think you’re among the qualified we welcome your audition. We must warn you though, our standards are lofty.
If you think you’re up to the challenge the following is our criteria:
- The content must be original meaning it’s never been or going to be published anywhere else.
- The content must be topically relevant to web marketing.
- The content must be substantially useful. (typically between 600-800 words)
If you’ve got a stellar idea, we’re willing to work with you. However, it may require that you go through several rounds of revisions before it’s deemed ready for publishing.
Ready to submit? Follow the steps below:
- Send us an e-mail with your idea. If we like it, we will get back to you with details on how and when to submit your draft.
- Send us your written post. Once you have received our confirmation that we are interested, send your draft in a Word document. Please proof read and make final edits before sending. You may include links to your stuff, to our stuff or to other stuff in the post. Just remember links need to be relevant and value-adding.
- Prepare to make revisions. If we request revisions, don’t take it as a rejection. Take our suggestions and make the revisions, we want your content to be the best it can be. If we request revisions, don’t take it as a rejection. Take our suggestions and make the revisions, we want your content to be the best it can be.
- Help spread the word. Share your hard work and knowledge with those in your networks.
- We plan our editorial calendar several months in advance and only schedule one guest post per week. We have a queue of posts to be published so it your post may not be published for several weeks.
- We encourage you to engage with the readers in the comments. So remember to check back a few times a day when the post goes live.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you’re contacting us about guest posting, make sure to read our criteria for submitting first. If you send in a guest post submission and you obviously haven’t read our guidelines, it will be marked as spam.