Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away so I thought I would put together some thoughts on why I’m thankful–in relation to search engines–this year. Here goes:
- I’m thankful that there has not been another Florida-like algorithm change in Google this November
- I’m thankful that MSN is closer to rolling out its new search engine – maybe even before the end of the year
- I’m thankful for search engine competition – the more the jollier
- I’m thankful for desktop search – a real life saver!
- I’m thankful for local search – handy for finding local business phone numbers
- I’m thankful for good search results – thousands of spammers kept away every day
- And finally, I’m thankful search engines that allow me to do my Christmas shopping online – God bless the WWW!