There are a lot of factors that weigh into the cost (or success, but I repeat myself) of your digital marketing. One frequently overlooked factor is the competition who are fighting for the same audience.
To be able to effectively price the cost of any digital marketing campaign, SEOs have to look beyond just seeing what you need in order to succeed. They also have to look at what your competitors are doing to achieve their own level of success.
- Are your competitors active in social media? If so, how extensively?
- Are they publishing content on a regular basis? If so, how often?
- Are they out there doing engagement link building? If so, to what degree?
But wait, there’s more! You also want to look at the user experience angle.
- How easy is their site to use?
- Is it better or worse than your own site?
- Are there things you can learn from them to improve to give your visitors a better on-site experience?
Only once you assess your competition can you truly appreciate the level of commitment needed for your own digital marketing success. Which is also why any campaign you start with today needs to adapt to a new set of needs tomorrow.
The competitive landscape is always changing. But if you want to stay one step ahead of those you wish to beat in the digital marketing game, you have to work both smarter and harder. Working smarter may be able to reduce your costs, but working harder will definitely push the costs in the other direction.
Oh, one more thing. Those that work smarter, tend to cost more than those who don’t. So one way or the other, you’re going to pay for the results you get.