There is always room for improvement.
Yep, the reason for ongoing digital marketing is as simple as that. Just because a change you made works well doesn’t mean it can’t work better.
Everything that can be tested should be tested. Don’t be afraid to fail. A test that turns out poorly is a learning experience for what not to do the next time.
You never know if an idea is a good or bad idea until you test it to find out.
Don’t know what to test? Try these on for size…
- Start with best practices. (See Chapter 6 of The Best Damn Web Marketing Checklist, Period.)
- Test Title Tags. Test to see what changes can improve rankings or click-throughs. (or both.)
- Test meta descriptions. Same a title tags. But do these independently from the title tags so you know which edit helps or hurts.
- Test images. Try different images to see if any produce better engagement.
- Test shopping carts. Try reducing the number of needed steps and/or making instructions clearer.
- Need more? Check out the rest of the chapters of the book mentioned above.