Another week, another article in the digital marketing world mentioning Star Trek! Thanks to Orbit Media’s email yesterday, I learned there are 7,983 people on Twitter with the term “Star Trek” in their bio. Do you know how to find them and target your sharing? Andy Crestodina, one of the founding Orbiteers, wrote a great article on Twitter targeting this week. Stoney should get to know the 31 people mentioned in the article that love zombies and SEO!
Here’s what the rest of the pit crew has been reading:
- Adjust How You Think About Content (It Could Actually Lessen Your Workload) by Michelle Bodnar
Lessen my workload? Yeah, right, you might be thinking. How is that even possible? Well, Michelle does a great job of telling you why it’s not only possible, it’s probable if you follow her suggestions. From the SEO value of writing even just one blog post, to strategizing with your in-the-know sales team, consistent, quality content can help boost your business’s bottom line.
- 50 Shades of Nuance by Rob Lenderman
You are offering something in your PPC ads. But, HOW you say what you offer is important. Check out this recent ad test done by Boost CTR to see a great example.
- Facebook is Getting More Two-Faced By the Day by Jay Baer
Facebook recently made two new announcements that affect brands. The first was a crackdown on content, particularly brands sharing memes. The second was the loosening of the belt on contest regulations. Facebook knows how to keep things interesting for brands! Our favorite line from this article: “Facebook is the Miley Cyrus of social, desperately trying to figure out what it wants to become.”
- 17 Tactics for More Twitter Followers (And Two New Followerwonk Features to Help!) by Peter Bray
Twitter is a great platform for one-on-one engagement with influencers in your industry and potential customers. Peter outlines some great tips for not only increasing your Twitter followers, but your overall Twitter presence.
- IAB Accuses Mozilla of Undermining American Small Business & Consumers’ Control of Their Privacy with Proposed Changes to Firefox by IAB
The “not provided” in Google Analytics will go up if Firefox blocks cookies!
- 25 Mistakes Link Builders Make by @boostrankseo
Are you guilty of making these mistakes? This is a good list to review. A lot has changed in link building over the years, but obtaining the best links possible is still the goal. Did you know that it’s important to consider referral traffic in addition to link juice? Maybe that seems obvious, but check out the post, we think there are some on there you’ve probably overlooked.
- Google Says Using the Disavow Tool Can Harm Your Site by Barry Schwartz
We frequently get questions regarding use of Google’s Disavow Tool to clean up link profiles. Should you use it or not? Remember the adage, “everything in moderation,” and while you’re at it, read this post to get some more insight.
- Interview of Jim Boykin, the founder of Internet Marketing Ninjas by Aaron Wall Jim Boykin is a veteran of internet marketing. In this interview he shares his story and gives advice to others in the industry. He also mentions the disavow tool he created, a great alternative to Google’s tool, but don’t take our word for it…
- 7 Social Media Trends That Are Foolish to Ignore by Ian Cleary
A look at social media tools and technology trends and predictions on where they’re headed.