2015 was quite a year. It was the year of the Mobilegeddon . . .that wasn’t (but that doesn’t mean it’s not still coming). It was the year of Periscope and Blab (sorry Meerkat). And for us at Pole Position Marketing, it marked our 17th year of helping companies “velocitize” their web presence. In addition to our standard services, one of the major ways we do that is through our blog. Publishing every week day, we posted more than 250 posts which were shared over 19,000 times. Thanks to all who read, liked and shared our content. We are striving to make our blog even more valuable for you in 2016.
But first, let’s take a look back on the posts I wrote that you liked the best, based on the amount of social media shares we received from them.
- Goodbye Keyword Optimization — Welcome To The Age of Topical Optimization: This one really seemed to resonate with the SEO community. This post not only explains the importance of topical optimization over keyword optimization, but it also discussed how to dominate in the search engines for an entire topic.
- 35 Ways To Make Your Site Search Friendly Before You Hire An SEO: I can’t stress enough the importance of building your website on a good foundation that will support your future web marketing efforts. Based on the Site Architecture Issues section of my book, The Best Damn Web Marketing Checklist, Period!, this article serves as a guide for website managers, website developers and web marketing consultants to issues that need to be addressed before any web marketing begins.
- Yesterday’s SEO Tactics That Will Get You Killed Today: It’s no secret that SEO has changed. Or at least it shouldn’t be. Still, we see some of the same outdated tactics used over and over. It is time to bury these strategies for good and use the updated tactics provided in this article.
- Mobile Vs. Desktop: Mobile Won, But You Might Still Be Losing: This article was the beginning of my campaign to get people to think mobile first, something you can bet I will continue to discuss in the New Year and until everyone STOPS making mobile the second banana.
- How I Lost My Clients Their #1 Ranking And Their Profits Exploded Overnight!: If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times: RANKINGS DON’T MATTER. And this real-life story proves it.
- WordPress 101: How to Make Your Site Search Engine Ready: This offers great SEO pointers for any website, but it is particularly geared toward WordPress users with screen shots showing you exactly how to adjust specific settings in WorkPress to make your site ready for all of your web marketing efforts.
- How To Get Your Content In Front Of Millions Of Eyeballs: SEO needs great content, and great content needs SEO to be found. This article tells you exactly how to optimize your content to help it get found in the search engines.
- Mix It Up: 75 Content Ideas To Keep Visitors Engaged: Are you boring your blog readers? Unfortunately, if you are relying on the standard, text-only blog posts, you probably are. This post provides five different formats and 75 content ideas to help you mix it up. Plus, this article introduced our free spreadsheet that can help you organize and plan your content strategy.
- 3 Unignorable Components Of A Sustainable Web Presence: As I mention in this article, it is believed that Google’s algorithm considers 200+ ranking signals, and my book lists more than 600 actions needed to build up an effective web presence. Talk about overwhelming! In this article, I looked at the bigger picture, explaining the three areas that I feel are most important to focus on.
- 12 Ways To Mine Your Own Mind For Content Ideas: In this article, I shared my favorite way to beat writers’ block: Repurposing content. This isn’t about regurgitating old posts but rather changing the format or expanding on an old idea to make it new again.
I hope this list helps to discover some posts you may have missed or revisit some you found especially helpful. Which post did you enjoy the most? Let me know in the comments!